Politifest brings candidates, props to San Diego citizens

Local nonprofit news site Voice of San Diego to host summit on local and state politics.

Politifest is billed as a “non-partisan crash course on local politics and policy on its program cover (pictured).

Ian Tapang, Staff Writer

As the upcoming midterm election approaches, Voice of San Diego will host an event where local issues and candidates in the forthcoming ballot are discussed in panels, debates and presentations.

The event, called Politifest, will be held on the University of San Diego campus, on Saturday, Oct. 6. It is scheduled to begin at noon and is expected to conclude at 6:30 p.m.

Residents of San Diego will have the opportunity to gather, discuss and learn about the issues that concern them and their community.

One of the features will be a moderated panel for event attendees to interview prominent figures like Mayor Kevin Faulconer and Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg, as well as an array of assemblymen and assemblywomen. 

Politifest will also have events where guests will join the discussion on everything from the local debate between SDSU West and SoccerCity to the national fight for immigration rights in the Trump era.

Tickets are still available at the Voice of San Diego website. The event is free for students with a valid student ID from any college, university, or high school.