Although the pandemic has prevented San Diego City College television news students from working in the on-campus studio this spring, the show must go on.
CTTV’s final Newscene program of the semester is a clip show that presents some of the best student news packages of the term.
A news package is a stand-alone, long-form news story that features stories by the program’s multimedia journalists.
Newscene has broadcast its shows virtually throughout the spring 2021 semester. The students collaborated online to produce, edit and record from home. The weekly YouTube episodes provide the latest news for the City College community.
The student newscast was also recently nominated for a regional student Emmy by the Pacific Southwest chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Services. Winners will be announced on June 4.
In this show:
• Cal State and UC systems schools will require staff, students and faculty to get the COVID-19 vaccine in order to return to campus in the fall semester
• President Joe Biden went straight to work after being sworn in as president, passing stimulus payments for U.S. taxpayers and making COVID-19 vaccines available
• San Diego City College’s graphic design department earns international recognition
• Canyon Hills High School reveals its new name, school colors and mascot, embracing the Kumeyaay history of its area
• San Diego City College staff share tips for student self-care as remote instruction continued
• Learn 4 easy tips to save money on gas, ranging from vehicle maintenance to simply unpacking your car