Important information, deadlines for transferring students coming

City College is helping students as deadline to transfer applications approaches

Transfer Center

The fall 2021 deadline for Cal State applications is Dec. 4. Transfer Center Facebook photo

Katia Pechenkina, Staff Writer

As the deadline for transfer application approaches, San Diego City College students can get assistance with university transfer applications and career guidance virtually.

Several transfer application assistance labs are available now through Nov. 30. For hours and Zoom information, check out the Transfer and Career Center page.

The City College Counseling and Personal Growth Department assists students in academic, transfer, career and personal needs. Students can schedule an e-appointment with a counselor. For more useful information regarding counseling, visit the FAQs page.

If you want to apply to the Cal State system, check out the information guide for transferring students. Cal State is committed to ensuring that students can overcome the difficulties associated with schools’ physical closures.

For Fall 2021, the application opened on October 1 and the deadline is Dec. 4, 2020. To apply, start by visiting https://www2.calstate.edu/apply.

You may be eligible to receive Extended Opportunity Programs & Services services. EOPS is a state-funded program that provides special transition, recruitment and retention help to those who are eligible. Some of EOPS services are assistance with transferring processes, academic and career counseling.

The application for Spring 2021 opens on Nov. 19, 2020. Find out more about EOPS, CARE and NextUp programs here.