RADIO: Final ASG forum takes place as application deadline nears

The ASG reiterates the importance of student involvement in upcoming elections

News Radio Midday

Laura Montano, Multimedia Journalist

The Associated Student Government held the last of two virtual forums, ahead of their elections, on April 6.  

During the forum, the members of the ASG body talked about how important it is for students to get involved in the student government, especially this semester where student involvement has been declining due to the virtual setting.

‘‘It is my mission right now to continue ASG, even virtually,’’ ASG President Destiny Munoz-Gallegos said. ‘‘We are working really hard to make sure we are maintaining good student leaderships and also to create more student leaders.’’

The last day to submit an application for an ASG position is this Friday, April 9 at 5 p.m.

‘‘Please consider running,’’  Munoz-Gallegos said. ‘‘It will be a great experience and I can promise you that from my personal experience.’’

A reminder about the deadline was shared in today’s episode of News Radio Midday, the student-produced show broadcast on 88.3 HD-2 at 1 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. 

Members of the government body talked about their positions and their roles within ASG, inviting students to take the opportunity and become a part of the team.

‘‘It is teamwork,’’ student Senator Marie Migambi said. ‘‘As ASG we work together, we collaborate, we bring our ideas together.’’

For further details about ASG positions, click here.

Adding to the teamwork experience Munoz-Gallegos said networking is really important and beneficial because we all learn from each other.

Munoz-Gallegos also invited all students to contact the ASG members with any questions or concerns about the election packets via email or through the ASG Instagram.

To find the election packets, click here.

For more information about dates and deadlines, click here.

If you would like to take a look at the first ASG forum, click here.

You can follow ASG on Instagram for more up-to-date information for upcoming elections at @sdcityasg1914.