City College student wins KAABOO tickets for the second time in a row!

Winner of the contest, Javier Moreno, with his brother Carlos enjoying KAABOO festival at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, Sept. 17.

Courtesy of Javier Moreno

Nanitzia Comparan, Social Media Editor

After winning a pair of KAABOO festival tickets last year at the Pride Festival, a San Diego City College student decided to give our 2017 social media KAABOO tickets contest a shot.

Javier Moreno, a Graphic Design student, entered to our City Times social media contest to win tickets for himself and his little brother Carlos to the biggest weekend music festival in San Diego – KAABOO Del Mar.

How did you find out  and what made you enter the contest?

I saw a flyer in the elevator in the AH building. I have been trying to win tickets for a couple of months now, and I have been entering to every contest that I came across. When I saw that one I thought I would have better chances because it was local.

Could you describe how you felt when you found out you won?

I thought I broke the elevator because I was jumping in it! I felt like all my hard work payed off after entering to a different million contests.

If you could describe KAABOO in one word, what would it be?

Magical. It is really cool how they bring art, music and comedy together. It is a really good crowd in comparison of other music festivals.

What was KAABOO like?

It was spacious, there was a lot of different things to do. You could walk around in the art exhibits with hundreds of different artists in there. Some of them were even doing live paintings. They did installations that started on Friday and ended on Sunday. When you get there in a first day you see a beginning piece and at the end of the festival it was the finished piece. Never a dull moment.

Who were you most excited to see at the festival?

I was most excited to see Kesha because I love her so much! But there were other really good acts like The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and I had never seen P!nk before, it was really excited to see her. Alanis Morissette was great and I loved how she played her old songs.

Do you plan on going again next year?

Yes! I have been there every year, this is my third year. Last time I won them at the Pride Festival and the first year I bought them.

Any advice for those who want to check KAABOO next year?

Wear lots of sunscreen, and go early because parking sucks, and pace yourself so that way you can last all night!