Where to pull an all-nighter in San Diego

San Diego has fun coffee shops for late-night studying

Vicky Pineda

San Diego City College Learning Resource Center is only open for limited hours daily, Esmeralda Tlazola, a nursing student, takes advantage of the time that it’s open. Photo by Vicky Pineda/City Times

Vicky Pineda, Sports Editor

Editor’s note: This article originally appeared in the fall edition of Legend magazine. Check out the digital edition on issuu.com.

With winter intersession just around the corner, college students are looking for a place to study. Luckily, San Diego is equipped with many coffee shops that are open 24 hours.

Studying for exams and finishing assignments can cause a lot of stress and create an overwhelming feeling that can lead to procrastination and all-nighters. Studying last minute is not ideal, but with preparation, students can make the most out of their study time. 

If studying at home isn’t working for you, try changing your environment.

According to the Harvard Business Review, the best places to study are locations where you can hide away from interruptions, regardless of how noisy it is. Small background noise is recommended, making coffee shops an ideal place to study.

Having to do an all-nighter is not the healthiest option, but many have gone through this experience. It’s almost like a right of passage for college students. But pulling an all-nighter to study for an exam or work on assignments can be fun, and you don’t have to be alone.

San Diego has 24-hour coffee shops for students to study and finish the semester off strong. Here is a list of coffee shops you can visit, with directions from campus. (Click on the link.)

Lestat’s has three locations in San Diego:

Lestat’s Hillcrest, 1041 University Ave., San Diego, CA 92103
Lestat’s on Park, 4496 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92116
• Lestat’s, 3343 Adams Ave., San Diego, CA 92116 

• Starbucks has some 24-hour locations in San Diego:

• Starbucks, 4262 Camino Del Rio N., San Diego, CA 92108
• Starbucks, 2986 Jamacha Rd., El Cajon, CA 92019
• Starbucks, 1591 N. Magnolia Ave., El Cajon, CA 92020