RADIO: City College Commencement to include virtual, drive-in events

Graduates invited to sign up for commencement

San Diego City College: DriveThreCelebration-7286 on Flickr

For the the second consecutive year, San Diego City College will have a virtual commencement and drive-through celebration (pictured from 2020). San Diego City College photo on Flickr

Joel Garcia, Multimedia Journalist

San Diego City College Commencement will be a two-day event consisting of both in-person and virtual events, according to campus social media.

Students who are planning to graduate this semester are now being invited to sign up for next month’s Commencement. They can contribute to the event by writing about their “Journey to Graduation” and plans for the next five years.

In addition, for a limited time, graduates can get the traditional graduation attire for free from the bookstore.

This story was featured on today’s edition of News Radio Midday, a bi-weekly newscast produced and presented remotely by the students of San Diego City College’s Radio, Television, and Film program. You can listen to the show every Monday and Wednesday at 1 p.m. on KSDS 88.3-2 or here.

Graduates should take note of two major deadlines. To be a part of these events, they have to sign up by Sunday, April 25. The deadline to apply to graduate is on Friday, April 30.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by San Diego City College (@sandiegocitycollege)

The first event will be an in-person drive-thru celebration scheduled for Friday, May 21 at 10 a.m. The second one will be a Virtual Commencement over Zoom the following Friday, May 28 at 5 p.m.

This will be the second consecutive year City College has a virtual commencement.

Graduating students can apply to graduate on their mySDCCD portal and to sign up to be part of the commencement click here.