City College student news organization releases commencement print edition

Latest issue of City Times passed out to students at drive-thru graduation event on May 21

Devin Doane takes photo of Destini Gray

Gabe Schneider

City Times Media multimedia journalist Devon Doane interviews San Diego City College graduate Destini Gray, who came to the May 21 Drive-Thru celebration in a low rider. Gray is headed to SDSU. Photo by Gabriel Schneider

Will Mauriz, Multimedia Journalist

City Times, Spring 2021Click here to view the latest print edition of City Times.

As the spring 2021 graduates prepare for their upcoming ceremonies, City Times released its special commencement print edition, which focused on the San Diego City College campus and the graduating class.

The City Times team has reported virtually throughout the semester, providing the latest news for the San Diego City College community while working exclusively outside the newsroom.

In this issue:

News of the San Diego Community College District’s requirement for students, faculty and staff to get vaccinated for the fall 2021 semester

A guide to combatting hate against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders

Easy tips to style your graduation cap on a budget

• The SDCCD is saying goodbye to retiring Chancellor Constance Caroll

The challenges facing the Associated Student Government and outgoing president Destiny Gallegos-Munoz

Two City students winning prestigious transfer scholarships

Carlos Turner Cortez, the future SDCCD chancellor, sharing his perspective through the lens of an educator

• Acknowledgment of 17 City College student-athletes excelling in the classroom 

A look at plans for the upcoming summer semester

• Highlights of two early graduation celebrations

The latest on CTTV news program and multimedia student being nominated for regional student Emmys