City College provides workshops, resources for students preparing to transfer

Applications for CSUs and UCs open through Nov. 30

Joel Nevarez

Joseph D’Ambro, senior student services assistant at the City College Transfer and Career Center, helps a student fill out their application. Photo by Joel Nevarez/City Times Media

Joel Nevarez, Multimedia Journalist

October not only means colder temperatures on campus at San Diego City College but also the start of the transfer application period for students. 

All California State University and University of California campuses are accepting transfer applications through Nov 30. 

Read below for important dates and resources.

Fall Transfer Fair 

City’s Transfer and Career Center will be holding a Transfer Fair on Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the A patio. Representatives from several universities will be available to meet with students and help with transfer applications. 

Over 40 universities will attend, including all CSUs and UCs, as well as several private and out-of-state schools. 

Transfer Application Workshops 

The center also will host a series of workshops during the transfer application period.

The center asks students to complete as much of the application as they can before attending a workshop. At the workshop, students will be able to have their applications reviewed and questions answered.

The Writing Center will also hold writing workshops to help students with the UC application personal insight questions.

These workshops will be offered in person or via Zoom. To sign up visit here

UC Berkeley 

UC Berkeley representative Zefora Ortiz will be available to answer questions about transferring, according to the Transfer Center.

These in-person appointments are available in room A301 at the Transfer Center. To sign up for these appointments contact the Transfer Center by phone at (619) 388-3722 or email at [email protected]

UCLA 

UCLA representative Nathan Fish is going to give feedback on the UC personal insight questions and answer questions about the transfer process. These appointments will be held on Zoom and can be scheduled here.

For more information about transfer news and resources visit City’s Transfer and Career Center  here